Sheryl Crow Files Restraining Order Over Facebook Posts
Sheryl Crow isn’t taking any chances with a man, who claimed last week that he was going to shoot her.
Crow has obtained a temporary restraining order against Phillip Gordon Sparks, who has been posting messages about the singer on his Facebook page.
In the messages, which were found by Crow’s manager in April, Sparks claims Crow once broke into his house looking for a gun. In another he accused Crow of filming him without his knowledge. All of which she says never happened, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“It was clear to me that he was deeply disturbed because his posts were delusional, rambling, filled with profanity and laced with angry rants,” Crow wrote in a statement.
Recently the 45-year-old man, who currently lived in Venice, California, told an employee at the SAG-AFTRA offices in L.A. that he was going to “just shoot” her, which led Crow to take action.
“I am greatly concerned that Mr. Sparks may physically harm me, my family members, close friends, agents and representatives who are identified in the accompanying request,” she writes.
According to court documents filed on July 29, Crow not only filed for her own protection, but for her nanny, her sister and her two young sons, Wyatt and Levi.
A hearing is schedule for August 14 to make the temporary order permanent. The singer kicks off her summer tour in Atlantic City, NJ on August 9. Go here for more tour information.
Crow made headlines last month when she announced she was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local