To celebrate the upcoming holiday, we wanted to post our top Father/Son moments of the silver screen. Tell us which is your favorite or make a top 10 of your own in the comments section!
10. National Lampoon’s Vacation – Clark and Rusty Share a Beer
9. Tommy Boy – Tommy Sr. & Tommy Jr. “What’d I Say” Duet
Tom Callahan Sr. & Jr. belt out Ray Charles’ upbeat and jazzy tune in this scene just before tragedy befalls the family and Tommy Jr. is sent on a quest to save his father’s company.
8. American Pie – Noah Gives Jim The Talk
Noah decides to impart some fatherly advice after catching his son poking an apple pie with his pecker. If you ever wanted to do some father/son bonding, this would definitely NOT be it…but it does make for one of our favorite, if awkward father/son moment.
7. Mr. Mom – Getting Rid of Wooby
6. Field of Dreams – Father/Son Catch
5. A Christmas Story – Finally Getting That Red Rider BB Gun
4. The Lion King – Mufasa Imparts Some Wisdom To Simba
3. Indian Jones and the Last Crusade – Henry Gives Indy Driving Directions
2. The Godfather – Don Vito Forewarns Michael Corleone
1. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back – Best Line of All Time