Memorial Day Essentials: Top Five Desserts (page 2)
May 28, 2011 6:05 AM
Creamy Berry Topped Dessert
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container BREAKSTONE’S Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter: mix flour and baking soda until well blended; set aside. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with 1 cup of sour cream, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Spoon into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile mix remaining sour cream and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine strawberries and preserves. Let stand at room temperature 30 min.
- Spoon sour cream mixture over cake slices just before serving; top with strawberry mixture and blueberries.