Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Cheese Salad
Goes well with: pasta, Italian sausages, pizza
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds) or 4 to 5 large plum tomatoes
- Fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves plus additional whole leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (2.5-ounce) rounds burrata cheese
Cut tomatoes into wedges and place in large bowl. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Crush oregano between palms to release flavor; add to tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup basil and olive oil and mix well. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Place 1 burrata cheese round in center of each plate. Fan tomatoes around cheese, dividing equally. Drizzle with dressing from bowl. Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.
[Source: Bon Appetit]